As a supplier to Bihrle Applied Research, Inc. (BAR), you become a key contributor to the products and services that we deliver to our customers. We value the conformance of your products and services to our specifications and requirements, your contribution to our product’s safety, and your ethical business practices. If you provide a bid to BAR, it is understood that your organization agrees to meet the following AS9100 requirements whenever a BAR purchase order specifies that the order is for aerospace products and/or services subject to AS9100 requirements, hereafter called an “aerospace products/services” order.
These terms and conditions apply to all external suppliers and sub-tier suppliers which furnish products, processes, or services to be incorporated into BAR’s contractually deliverable aerospace products/services.
- When indicated on the BAR purchase order, suppliers must use BAR’s customer-approved special process sources (finishing, molding, casting, welding, etc.).
- BAR is to be contacted (by the supplier) in the event of nonconforming product/material. Arrangements for the corrective action and/or approval of supplier nonconforming product/material must be as directed by a BAR authorized manager or designee.
- The supplier shall notify BAR of any changes to a product and/or process, including changes of external providers or location of manufacture, that may affect conformance to specifications or requirements, and to obtain approval from an authorized BAR manager or designee prior to production. If a First Article of Inspection (FAI) was required by the contract for the first product, a new FAI shall be required from the supplier.
- BAR, our customers, and regulatory authorities retain the right of access to supplier:
- Facilities involved in the aerospace products/services order.
- Records applicable to product conformance to specifications, which shall be retained for four years from date of purchase order.
- BAR will require our external providers to apply the appropriate controls to their direct and sub-tier external providers to ensure that product/service requirements are met. The appropriate controls may include customer/regulatory/AS9100 specific requirements, and will be indicated on the BAR purchase order.
- BAR performs inspection activities to ensure that purchased products/services meet requirements, including:
- Receiving inspections (of supplier products / services / documents) performed by a designated employee. BAR verifies the authenticity of the appropriate certificate of conformity, material certificates, etc. and other accompanying documentation by review and comparison (as is appropriate) to the drawing and/or industry specifications, or by other means. When necessary, BAR may inspect or audit at the supplier’s facility.
- Product inspections to ensure they meet requirements, dimensions, etc. Special processes (finishing, molding, casting, welding, etc.) where compliance cannot be verified by inspection will require a Certificate of Conformity or provide an equivalent process to prove/verify quality meets appropriate requirements.
- Product/service conformity and on-time delivery will be monitored by BAR.
- When BAR or its customer intends to perform verification at the supplier’s premises, BAR will first state the intended verification arrangements and the method of product release. This information will be communicated on the BAR RFQ, purchase order, or via another acceptable purchasing arrangement.
- To ensure product identification and traceability, BAR will institute controls that include the requirement of Material Certificates, Certificates of Conformity, and/or other supporting documentation from its suppliers as is appropriate. These requirements may be specified on BAR’s RFQ, purchase order, or may otherwise be communicated to the supplier.
- All special process must be performed by qualified and competent persons.
- BAR requires that the Supplier have policies and procedures to identify potential Counterfeit Parts from suppliers. Seller shall immediately notify BAR with the pertinent facts if Supplier becomes aware of or suspects that Counterfeit Parts may have been used in a product delivered to BAR. In the event that products delivered under the order constitutes or includes Counterfeit Parts, Supplier shall, at its expense, promptly replace such Counterfeit Parts with genuine parts conforming to the requirements of the order. Notwithstanding any other provision in the order, Seller shall be liable for all costs relating to the removal and replacement of Counterfeit Parts.
- BAR may also require specific actions where timely and/or effective corrective actions to a supplier issue are not achieved. These actions may include but are not limited to any or all of the following: withholding payment until the issue is resolved, removal of the supplier from BAR’s Approved Supplier list, and legal action.